Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

HVAC system w/ongoing issues: outside temp reading is low & we're on resistance
-- I posted last month but could not log in but just as well- I should start a new string. My previous posts were under "Second Puron Dump in a month, now what?" We have a 5T Amana heat pump and air...
3
3

Tempstar TX 5300 iced up
I am at my parents home in Ky- it was in the 40's today, and I noticed the outdoor unit is covered with snow and ice. My dad tells me it is an issue here- others have the problem as well. I noticed...
2
2

Honeywell L7224U electronic aquastat
Is the L7224U electronic aquastat a reliable piece of equipment at this point in time? Is appears to have a sensor probe on wires. What would keep the end of the sensor firmly positioned in the well?...

"New" Slantfin Boiler won't heat house above 65 degrees
My two-year old Slantfin Boiler won't heat the house above 65 degrees, and it's usually at 60 degrees. It'll come on and off randomly for short periods of time (as short as one second) and over a long...
25
25

Gas boiler will not come on after rnning out of water
Hello, I have a gas boilerIt is a peerless 61-05-STDG-S. Every week or so, I have to go into the basement and make sure to add water too it because it shuts down if it runs out. Well it must have been...

Error codes
I have a new Bryant heating system that on occasion shuts down when heating thermostat window goes blank and then reads"A2".The company who installed the system has been out three times and basically...
4
4

Connecting the NEST to a Carrier 38YRA Heat Pump
This should be a simple problem for anyone with any knowledge of both produ cts. I probably could have figured it out, but my son, bless his heart, who gave me the Nest for Christmas, installed it...
1
1

anone know of... a direct vent _multistage_ nat. gas heater?
I've asked some local professionals and they looked through their catalogs but didn't find any. I installed one back in.. 1975... so I'd hope there are still some around. Use would be in... the...

Temp-compensating whole-house humidifiers?
Do they work? Wild temp swings during the winter (+25F today, -20F forecast Tue/Wed, +30F Fri) keep me changing the settings on our manual model, and sometimes I forget. Even with our super wiz-bang...
6
6

Do I have a problem?
Have an upright freezer (about 7 ft tall) that is over 50 years old. It hasn't skipped a beat util last night. Went into the utility room where it's located, and heard an unusual noise. There would be...
3
3

Refrigerator clangs when compressor stops
I have a 20 yo frost free refrigerator that works fine untill it stops compressing. The compressor makes a number of dull bell like chimes when it stops. First, is this a sign it is dying? Second, can...
6
6

repair a burst line in a modine (hot water, 200*) hanging heater
My modine froze and cracked two tubes leading to out and in How the heck do I find the 180* return bends to repair it? I kinda beat one up on the way out and the other may go too!

Air Pressure drop across evaporator coil
What is the typical range of air pressure drop across home evaporator coils? Assume the coils are clean.
2
2

Oil furnace problem
The yearly oil furnace inspection my wife ordered included a switch to a smaller fuel nozzle. Performance improved (it was short-cycling) but the next day the furnace cut out and would't come on...
6
6

Air flow pressure drop
What is the average air pressure drop across a residential A-frame evaporator coil?