Haven't user the heater in 10 years. How do I get it working again safely?

Hello! The heater in my mobile home hasn't been used in about 10 years. It was about 5 years old at the time. What kind of servicing will it need to get it operational again? I know I'll need a plumber to make the final connection for the gas line (it used to use oil but I was switching to gas when everything stalled for various reasons)

I'm sure my ducts need professional cleaning and probably some repair. What about the heater itself? It was in great working order 10 years ago but hasn't been used in all this time. Could a technician check it out and make sure it's safe to use again? Would it be cheaper to get a new heater? And how much should a gargantuan effort like this cost? (hoping to keep it under $1000)

I'm not any sort of handyman or licensed contractor of any kind- I'm a layman with limited resources and a bad back, so crawling under the mobile home even to do basic stuff can be a major problem for me- so I have no plans to try any of this work by myself.

Reply to
bobbosaurus

Since I find that little funny! It would be more sensible if you get professional to take look at it.

[...]

Tony944