Where is the condensation supposed to go?

I have a split york heat pump that has the condensation tube broken off where it exits the building, near the heatpump. Where should it go? I've seen them empty back into the heatpump pan, presumably it increases the efficiency of the AC?

Thanks, Jack

Reply to
Jack

Nice troll

Reply to
Noon-Air

Seriously, I have to extend the pipe away from the foundation, but then it makes a puddle on the lawn. Can I route it back so that it evaporates on the bottom of the AC, or not?

Reply to
Jack

Pipe it back into the house and pump it back up into the evaporator coil. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Jack, where I live the building code gives us 3 choices:

1) a roof or floor sink 2) into the tail piece of a sink 3) a dry well

I would not recommend routing it back to the condenser, as that may cause premature deterioration of the coil, base pan, etc.

Dig a hole, fill it with gravel, now you have a drywell.

Reply to
gofish