furnace vent tube in wall and stove hood vent

HI,

These groups are great thank you all for all the information I've received so far.

I am having a bit of trouble cramming some vents into a tight space for my heater and I'm wondering if it is ever okay to use flex tube that will be covered by drywall? Also is six inch round tube okay for running a vent to a home's second level from the basement. (about an 8 foot ceiling on the main level and about 2 feet to the ceiling in the basement from the top of the furnace).

Also my stove will not be on an outside wall and I'm wondering about venting an over the range hood either down and out the basement or 90 degrees out a side wall with about a six foot run and then out. Could this just be some nice stainless pipe that might look cool and modern or would it have to be built in?

Thanks for any information.

Gavin

Reply to
mission_modern_and_more

I meant to say duct not vent in the above post.

Reply to
mission_modern_and_more

Sure no problem... but, if you want a heating and cooling system that ACTUALLY works... I wouldn't do it.

But that never stops my competition from doing it ALL the time.

Sounds to me you should've hired a COMPETENT HVAC/R company, to do the work you're not qualified to do.

Just ANOTHER new construction home that is being built by LOW COST, that will come back to bit you in the end.

WHY not do it right the first time? It will not only pay for itself, but will save you tremendous amount of money and headaches.

You're welcome.

Reply to
<kjpro

A 6 inch flex should cram into that tight space real well. If that doesnt work, use 2 - 4" flexes.

Use flex on the stove range hood. Just use 8" so it wont get so hot in the pipe. It will have more room to cool of. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Man, your gonna burn your house down. What do you mean heater??? Call a pro to show you how to vent your furnace or water heater. I don&#39;t know if your talking about the vent pipe...clearance to combustibles is an issue for cvent or bvent...you can&#39;t just cover shit with drywall. It has to be sized properly.

You wanna run a 6" heat run upstairs? ..use 5" instead.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to