Thermostat change - Wire Colors

Looking for assistance on replacing a thermostat.

My current wiring is : G Y W R C(blue wire)

The New Thermostat has: G Y W Rh Rc

I connected the similar colors, R->Rh and C->Rc and heating worked but the cooling never kicked on. I checked the wires and everything appeared to be fine - connection wise. Also, the fan worked automatically but when put to ON, it never came on.

So, my question is how can I make this work? Also, the thermostat came with a J2 jumper for electric and gas. I tried both and the fan didn't seem to make any difference.

Any help?

Thanks Mark

Reply to
mpfeifer106

Maybe you should take that one back and get the correct one for your system.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Steve, someone is spoofing you. This forger is top posted, and didn't say to call your local, COMPETENT technician.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

f*ck off moron

Reply to
Steve

Why do you think "Red means hot heating" but "Common means hot cooling"? Your old stat used a common terminal for some reason, but your new one does'nt have it. The "J2" jumper is for use on a one transformer system, as opposed to two, not "electric and gas".

You better re-read the instructions. You may have smoked that one.

Reply to
Lefty

No capitalization, no punctuation, and crude language. Buddy, it's great to have you back! How's every little thing, there?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Most of the folks who post to this board are repair techs. We spend years, learning the trade. We go to school, and keep up on all the new products. So, to ask how to wire a thermostat is a bit selfish of you. You're asking, for free, for the knowledge it took us years to develop.

I wouldn't go into a gas station and ask for a free fillup. I wouldn't go to a dentist and ask for a free RCT and crown. You, likewise, shouldn't go to HVAC guys and ask for free wiring instructions.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well Stormy the moron. You got one thing right. The first sentence. After that, you screwed up. We techs/owners spend years on training. We DONT spend years trying to figure how to wire a thermostat. YOU do. YOU dont go to school. That has been painfully evident ever since you first fell in through the open skylight. When will you learn that you arent a hvac tech? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba