Should I reinstall both the inside and outside units?

I have a heat pump with AC in my house. They are both 13 years old. The outside unit has been repaired a couple in the last two years, has a couple of leaks and needs to be replaced. The inside unit seems to be fine. Is it best to replace the inside one at the same time? Is there any advantage to doing them both together, or should I just wait unitl the inside unit is having problems to replace it? thanks in advance, John

Reply to
Big Daddy

With the changes in the laws on equipment efficiency, your existing equipment is probably not going to be compatible, and with the phase-out of the old R-22 refrigerant, I would recommend replacing the whole system. At the same time, make sure that your ductwork is sufficient, and correctly sized for the new equipment.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Replace them together!

Then you'll have a matched system. In most cases, this extends the compressor warranty.

Reply to
<kjpro