rental of air balancing kit

Hi,

Where can someone rent an air balancing kit / airflow meter (magnehelic gauge, pitot tube and hoses)?

I'm curious to verify the air balancing in my system with HRV. I don't have a specific problem, so don't want to spend the $150+ which seems to be the rate for someone to come over and balance the system.

Located in Ottawa CANADA.

Txs, rvp

Reply to
richard

Go to the air balancing store. The rental division, not the retail store. Ask them there. They can help you. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

The $150 to have somebody do it is a hell of a lot cheaper than the couple of thousand to get the training and purchase a flow hood.

Reply to
Noon-Air

read the message ... no flow hood ... who needs training to stick a pitot tube in a duct and read the magnehelic gauge?

Reply to
richard

See page 23.

Also, see this:

This might also be helpful:

HVAC Guy

Great, a second useful reply. Thank you!

I've been watching Dwyer gauges on eBay for awhile but shipping and other fees to Canada bring the total cost close to the price of a new one.

Reply to
richard