removing the old screw from thermocouple

i'm trying to remove the old screw from the thermocoupler. it's the one that's attacted to the gas vavle. it won't move.

Reply to
Rochelle

You need the right tool, like this one

.p.jm.

Just use a pair of pliers and turn in a counter clockwise direction being careful not to damage anything on the gas valve.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Circa 1831?

Reply to
Don Ocean

Are you EA's Siamese twin and where exactly are you tow cojoined?

Reply to
Hermann

Cut the thermocouple off with a pair of wire cutters and use the right size socket and a back up wrench.

Reply to
The King

Try using the correct size wrench, unless you have already rounded off the corners on it.... or does that make too much sense.

If your furnace is old enough to use a thermocouple, then it probably needs replacing with a more energy efficient furnace anyway.

Reply to
Steve

Cut the thermocouple off flush with the nut and then use the right size

6 point box wrench or socket.
Reply to
Lp1331 1p1331

Probably easy enough to flex it back and forth, till it snaps off.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

let's not discuss your sex life here, stormy

Real Pisser

Hmmm. Maybe now we know what occupies your thoughts?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe its one of those wall furnaces where the thermal tube is integral with the control valve.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Too late.. This guy hasn't posted for a while. Probably due to using a cutting torch.

Reply to
Alexander

Sopunds like you're screwed.

Reply to
HVAC

I've got to stop reading this thread. It's stuck, nothing turning up.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Right, I have nothing better to think about but you pulling your pud.

Idiot

Real Pisser

hmm, many news servers seem to have had problems the past 2 days. OK now.

Oh, and while I did just have a sickening vision on that subject:

stormy's pudding must have contaminated the servers. keep it aimed away from the PC stormy

Real Pisser