Problem ac

When I moved into my dwide a month ago my landlord told me it had central ac, i guess I should have asked if it was working ac. She had an ac man living in the neighborhood fix it or should I say rig it. He told me to turn it on cool at the t box and then go outside to the condenser box and push the fuse in to turn it on. Im already a little weird messing with electrical things so I figured out which breaker it was in the circuit breaker box and just started using that breaker instead. One day when I tried to turn it on the breaker arced and threw the main power breaker. Still havent seen anybody else to come fix it properly instead of it being rigged like that. My ex is a jack of all trades so he came out to look at it, he told me that the unit was old. Even though the air is central it is pumped through the gas furnace. He asked me where the return was and we couldnt find one, he opened up the furnace panel and there was no filter in there and he said we werent getting good air flow because there was no obvious place for the return air to come in. Also the coils on the bottom of the furnace were iced over and the freon tank in the condenser was iced as well. He said it was low on freon but it just got charged a month ago, so we figured that there had to be a leak. Also the box that has the fuse in it that comes from the condenser to the house was no longer attached to the house but just hanging there near the grass. He said that was a problem and that having no filter in the furnace was a hazard because of the dust buildup around all the wires. How dangerous is this working the way it is.

Reply to
jen2006

Oh Man ! You sound like the definition of "trailer trash".

I guess you can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Very dangerous. Your life is at peril.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ask Eddy at

Fat Eddy

Chris,

stick to being a nice guy; be yourself.

you suck as a satirist. these idiots will NEVER accept you. they'd rather torment you as they always have for fun as they do most homeowners.

And by the way I am NOT an HVAC guy. I am an electrician by trade. If people asked me for advice on a website, I think all I could safely, legally tell them is do not stick your finger in a light socket. I understand why these guys feel the way they do, but their lack of respect is totally amazing ( well maybe not). Especially the trailer lady. How do they know she is trailer trash? maybe just... ah f*ck it ,who cares.

Reply to
Duwite

Fat Eddy

Fat Eddy

Oddly enough, that was a serious answer. After all, she did say that something arced and threw the main breaker. Sounds like some serious bad wiring, there.

But you're right, a few of the folks here will give me equal opportunity harassment.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Fat Eddy

So what makes you the expert?

Reply to
jen2006

By the way what IS the definition of trailer trash? or do you even know.

Reply to
jen2006

I saw a movie lke that once. But all I remember is the trailer.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

It's pseudo-jargon for "redneck". Actually living in trailer, or not, is irrelevant.

A ghetto is a ghetto.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

It hurts less if you wet your finger first. Standing barefoot, in a basement, with a concrete floor, flooded with brackish water, no less.

The first electric chair was made by Westinghouse. On the back, there was a plate bearing the slogan: "You can be sure!"

I was only kidding about the first paragraph, but not about the second one.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

If she'll let you, and your wife doesn't care... then no matter who cares.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Listen, Eddy, this is getting ridiculous. You quote scores of lines of text, just to plug a website, repeatedly. It's no better than outright spam.

Good day.

=plonk!=

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Sorry about that Johnny I didn't realize I was being repetitive,

Fat Eddy

aka-SBM

Sorry, my keyboard has developed railer rash.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

Reply to
kbwk2mch