Portable A/C

I use a portable split A/C. If you pay more, you can get portable split A/C with an aggregate installed in an external unit. As far as I can remember the external unit can not be put outside the house as it is raining, otherwise it can be put outside. I put the external unit in a small room with open window and additionally put a fan in that room directed to the window to blow hot air outside.

Jeffrey Lebowski

Interesting. Link/dealer?

The refrigerant goes thru flexible lines, I gather?

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

The only thing that's over my head, is the fact I don't speak or understand BULLSHIT.

Reply to
<kjpro
  • This is likely over your head, as it is a matter of
  • thermodynamics that takes years of study, and which
  • very few people are qualified to understand.

Just listen to yourself.

There are many idiots on the planet. However, you&#39;re not THAT smart, and others are not THAT stupid.

The sad part is, it probably doesn&#39;t even phase the people who know you one bit.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

So you need more education... :-)

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

If the dehunidifier is in the space the power to run it is heat added to the space. Any other heat it delivers was in the space already. It converts latent heat to sensible.

The only heat it removes is the energy in the liquid condensate that drains away.

Reply to
Abby Normal

In some ways, I agree. On certain technical topics, there is THAT much of a gulf between wisdom and folly.

The modern egalitarian culture is that IQ doesn&#39;t really matter, because not all have it equally. Smart guys who know calculus, physics, chemistry, etc., on a sophisticated level are just nerds who have no social capacity. This notion is supported by the recent explosion of unintelligent people who acquire a little arcane knowledge about this or that latest computer gadget, and impress people as somehow smart, like children with video games that baffle adults.

And supported by the fallacies of public education, which hold that we are all created equally intelligent (for some mushy definition of "intelligent") and that the average child can learn math and science. Since the average person does well to even approach algebra, much less calculus, "math and science" must therefore be defined down to trivial concepts with no practical use in genuine engineering and real-world problems, like looking at gee-whiz stuff in "science" museums. If we can&#39;t disprove the bell curve, then we&#39;ll say the bell curve doesn&#39;t matter.

So if you&#39;re gonna run down those on the upper tail of the bell curve, then just make fun of their pocket protectors or whatever, not their genuine contributions that make your modern life possible.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

What have YOU done toward genuine contributions that make MY modern life possible? Just curious! Invent the pocket protector?

Reply to
kool

"kool" wrote in message news:jcehi.73517$NV3.41246@pd7urf2no...

I have observed that people on the low side of the curve quickly revert to personal attacks when confronted with ideas they can not comprehend of objectively discuss,

Reply to
David

Maybe you should ask yourself the same question

Reply to
Noon-Air

Q.E.D.

Reply to
David

David, please don&#39;t take my comment the wrong way.I certainly didn&#39;t intend it as a "personal attack" upon RJK. I am merely curious about his contribution to the betterment of our lives.I will be the first to bow in respect if he has done more than prolong the art of crossposting.

Reply to
kool

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

David

Reply to
David

OK, so are you going to attempt to dazzle us with brilliance?? or baffle us with more BS?? How about telling us what you have done toward genuine contributions that make modern life possible. Have you participated in scientific expeditions that benifited the world at large?? or helped develop something that is benificial to mankind?? or developed techniques to help clean up environmental disasters?? Well??? have you??

Reply to
Noon-Air

Yikes

I&#39;ve observed that head pressure is more or less directly related to condenser temperature, if it was 200 degrees in there the pressure must have been through the roof. No wonder it quit working.

Reply to
James Sweet

Hard to say. YOU hide your identity. Must not have read my sermons on the cowardice of anonymity.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Well, I cannot find a link now but remember the price, it was about 2000 USD for brand new one. There is a small rectangular flexible cable connecting units. In mine, the cable dimension is 2 x 4 centimetres and length about 2 metres. I put it through a tiny hole at the bottom of the door in the corner. The hole is hardly visible.

Well, he did put up this page with superb directions for replacing a garage door torsion spring....

Doug Miller

Stay way from Friedrick it is a cheepest shit had anyone built so far Tony

Reply to
Tony