Oil furnace fan limit switch

I just replaced a limit switch and within 12 hours it has stopped working( the fan will not kick on once the thermostat has called for heat even though the burners kick on). What am I missing that I should be looking for.

Thank you Stonebud

Reply to
Stonerbud

Is the limit switch getting power? Is it supplying that power to the fan? Is the heat exchanger getting hot?

One service call I had this year, the blower motor had gone defective. So, it may be a good limit switch but a burnt out motor.

Good luck, and please let us know how things work out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A local tech in the yellow pages

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
Steve Scott

A clue?

Reply to
-Hate-Me

A clue.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

A brain capable of proper repairs to fix a furnace. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

The box it came in probably said it was guaranteed for 12 hours. You have to look for one with a longer guarantee, I think.

Reply to
DIMwit

Stonerbud posted for all of us...

The target