Seeking Recommendations for New AC/Heat Units

Hi, I'm thinking about replacing electric baseboard heating units and window air conditioners with central air/heat. no ductwork installed .during the

70's the original hot water radiators were replaced by electric baseboared heat. It's an 1150sq ft brick rowhouse.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike

What sort of unit should I be looking for? Isn't there new high efficieny units out there?

Reply to
Mike

yup....

I take it you haven't talked to a local tech that can actually *SEE* what/where, etc.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Better hurry. Winter is a-comin'!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Not the one in your mouth.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

If Ductwork Installation could be a problem or too costly, I would go with ductless mini-split units. Soleus mini-split units have good airflow. - udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

Too costly to do it right??

Reply to
Noon-Air

I think whatever I have done is going to be expensive. It's an 1150 sq ft house w/o duct work. Afriend lives in a similar house and she got a ductless system that seems to work ok.

The links are very very helpful. When I finished rading them I'll be an informed consumer whic is the purpose of my original post.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

So was there a question you wanted to ask?

Reply to
Al Moran

Hes asking what are his options. Now you can reply with your standard answer. Tell him to buy a new thermostat and then go lick a window.

Now if you for instance had a question. Id tell you to buy a new thermostat and go lick a battery terminal.

Reply to
Power's Mechanical

Mike,

what part of the country do you live in do oyou have a basement or an attic (how high) what forms of energy do you have oil, gas, electric how many stories is the house are you opposed to soffiting

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo

Bob, it's locTed about 30 mikes north of washing dc, end of group brick two story row house, 8' ceilings, w/ basement (about one half above ground walk out basement door), attic is a crawl space w/ entrance sealed, five double pane windows first floor including bay window in kitchen, (windows were upgraded around 1980), five windows upstairs, including bathroom window. (north, south and west exposure w/ large tree in front yard -north- that blocks lot of sun in the summer). Electric baseboard heat, gas heated water and gas stove. Energy rates were recently deregulated and there is a very high "energy delivery charge eg, my last gas bill was 7.64 commodity charge 16.xx delivery charge, electric also has a high delivery charge. What is soffiting?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Do a lot of studying before you do anything! udarrell

Reply to
udarrell