Mileage

Put $70 in the van today. Got to do something. I'm thinking 0.50 a mile, from leaving the shop to return. first 50 or 60 miles are included in the trip charge. Makes for about a 25 mile radius, being "included".

What's anyone else doing?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Paying $134 to fill up with a 1/4 tank left...

Reply to
KJPRO

Raising my prices *again*

Reply to
Noon-Air

21 speed Schwinn is not cutting it and the Drunks are pissed about so much good corn alcohol being used to fuel vehicles. ;-p Point is we can still afford food and fuel even at these crazy prices. This mess is world wide and folks are going to starve over this in a lot of other countries.
Reply to
Don Ocean

Wondering if it's worth the drive over to your house with that big boulder in the back of my van to come bash your head in. I thnk Id even pay $10 a gallon to come do that. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

$0.65 per mile from shop back to shop regardless of distance Tony

Reply to
new jersey

$0.65 per mile from shop back to shop regardless of distance Tony

Reply to
new jersey

$0.65 per mile from shop back to shop regardless of distance Tony

Reply to
new jersey

$0.65 per mile from shop back to shop regardless of distance Tony

Reply to
new jersey

I heard you the first time.

Reply to
Zyp

"YES" but my computer did not

Reply to
new jersey

ON a positive note common sense and experience :

Have had occasion to rentin a forklift a few times lately makes a cheap manlift nice unit 6000 lb all terrain take 4 std sized pallets 1 is your deck the other 3 are surrounds gives yourself a nice guard rail use blocking to attach 4 screws into each block.

Back to the rental thing : pickup and rent a trialer from say u-haul and the bastards wanna charge you an extra day if you bring it in a few minutes late...

Okay fine, bigger rental firms work differently, esp if /when you are payng the pickup / delivery...

Rent a lift, have they drop it off--figure you can get the main shit done on friday, so be it then have em deliver 9:00 am friday for a 1 day usage...

OKay now you got it for friday no prob, chances are they arent gonna come get it on saturday at 9:00 am

fact is they arent gonna come for it till wednesday or thursdsy

( suggest always call on monday--remind them it was only a one-day rental, let em know its NOT in your way ant no hurry they can pickup at any time, but that you might still occasionaly use it till then )

What happen here is now unless the hour meter goes over 8 hours, only fee is for that initial friday...go over 8 hours now they add a second day onto the charges so 2 days charge instead of several.

eventually they do come and get it........advantage to them here is no storage, no backhaul and beings as the next guy to rent it might be rdown the street....

Reply to
over a barrel

12 hr shift... they can't bill it out as 2 days. (1 day = 24 hrs, not 8 hrs)
Reply to
KJPRO

I agree.. They tried that crap on me and didn't get away with it. As for having them pick up and deliver.. There is normally a hefty charge for that. We used to pull that stunt years ago, But the rental folks wised up in a hurry. After all.. like us...They are in business to make money.

Reply to
Don Ocean

$1,50 per mile out and back over 15 miles. If it is blizzarding its $7.00 per mile. Takes 2 guys.. One to dig and the other to swear. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

I think he passed out on the keyboard. Obviously a Southern Bourbon. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean