ICP exhaust blower failure

I had to replace the exhaust blower in an ICP 90+ furnace (part #1164280) after the unit was in service five years. The original part developed a bad vibration, then the plastic blower wheel self destructed. The replacement part is now getting "noisy" according to the customer. I checked it out and there is a vibration like this blower wheel is out of balance, but the furnace is still functional. My question to others out there: Have you been having problems with chronic failures of this part or was I just unlucky enough to draw a bad one off my suppliers shelf? Heating season is almost over and I normally don't stock this part anyway, but perhaps I should have one on hand just in case I get another call on one of these units for this problem.

Reply to
br

Ya. Buy one and keep it in your basement next to the furnace.

Reply to
HVAC

Does it look like the one in this service manual?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

No, it's a mirror image of those shown in that manual. If you are familiar with the Fasco A170 assembly, it looks like that.

Reply to
br

I looked it up on The Web and suppliers sure are proud of those darn things, the lowest price I saw was $171.00 . There are 2 motor repair/rewind shops in town that I deal with on a regular basis and the guys there have been able to come up with metal blower wheels for those draft inducers. It looks like it can be taken apart. Perhaps you have some well stocked electric motor repair shops in your area?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas