Honeywell Q340A 30mV thermocouples

Perhaps you should refine your search skills. Intertherm M1G standing pilot furnace.

Reply to
The King

Perhaps you should learn who owns Intertherm and Miller!

KJPRO

I really could careless, since I don't install anything but Electronic Ignition models.

Reply to
KJPRO

What makes you think I didn't know that?

Reply to
The King

federal code also doesn't allow the banks, mortgage companies, auto companies, politicians, etc, to rip us off either...but here we are! You sir, are an idiot.

I am the real ftwhd and I approve this message.

Reply to
ftwhd

I guess I won't call you for anything. Gas heat since I moved in, in 1994. Replaced my own furnace in 05 or so, I'd have to go look at the date on the furance.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Then *why* did you question/criticize my post?

Reply to
KJPRO

Keep that pilot flame adjusted to minimum... That way there's just enough heat to keep the Millevolts moving & just enough space for the soot to coat the thing & cause premature failure. Maybe a stronger flame on the thermocouple will extend it's life.?? Maybe buying a spare & testing the operational unit will keep you out of trouble. Maybe a cross ref to a different mfgr??? Sand paper can keep them going, but the first failure/revival won't be the last...

goodluck geothermaljones

p.s. Don hO. Do you have a big call for national & statewide codebooks in SD? Where are you finding them on line? Most state codes are routed through a book store & what's on line doesn't hold water until you purchase (& read) the entire text from the state bookstore or their selected vendor...

Reply to
geothermaljones

I wasn't. I was replying to Donald and his assertion that standing pilots wernt made any more. Clearly standing pilots are still in use on new equipment on boilers and manufactured/mobile homes. Oh and also on unit heaters.

Reply to
The King

Again..they can be used in industrial and commercial useages. Not residential..

Reply to
Don Ocean

Bullshit.

Reply to
The King

Yes... Obviously you are not up to date on a number of things. Letting your Union do your thinking for you is a lot like letting the IRS figure your taxes. Maybe you should invest in the NATE program.

Reply to
Don Ocean

My assertion was that they are not being made for residential. Still acceptable for industrial and commercial that has no live ins. Also my objection was also to you dragging this group into the Alt.homerepair groups. Mikey, You should do your posts there and not here.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Maybe Mikey can start a museum for antique pilot systems. ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

Where have you been.. They are and have been for years, called International Code books. My state, and Minnesota accepts them in their entirety. I do work 3 states on a regular basis and 5 intermittently. Licenses to match.. I thought you also worked a number of states. The CD of codes is on line, if you have a subscription. I also keep that CD on my laptop and main computer network. Who in the business doesn't? I am also online to the Code enforcement folks and their daily reminders of things they don't like. Saves a Helluva a lot of money on repeat calls and inspections.

Whats your point? Are you not required to attend code classes every year? I attend the one in your state without fail each year. I am also required to have copies of the codes available for each job. The only digression for this is on Federal reservations, where they spell out on the contract exactly how it is to be done.

Reply to
Don Ocean

One thing you don't seem to be able to do is admit they still make standing pilot systems. Enjoy you're dish of crow.

Reply to
The King

Fuck NATE. Im UA STAR certified in commercial and industrial.

Reply to
The King

Yeah ok Donald that's why the web page I linked says manufactured housing. Jesus you are a stubborn ass sometimes.

Reply to
The King

Yes.. Quite possibly they can be used in your environment! ;-p

Reply to
Don Ocean

Finally made Janitor, eh? ;-p

Reply to