Home furnace: 1 of 4 gas jets seldom lights. Bad valve?

Old Carrier(?) furnace, intermittent pilot, 700-061 type gas valve; one of the four gas jets usually doesn't light. It's the last on the maniford. Flame looks normal if it lights (blowing gently in its direction easily lights it off). Is this likely a low pressure/bad valve issue?

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Time to call a service tech

Reply to
Noon-Air

Either get it fixed (as Noon beat me to the punch) OR wait for the big boom and then you may not have to bother with it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Just beat on the burners with a hammer. It it doesn't fix it, then the explosion will. Call a repairman to get it done right. There are probably other things the furnace needs. How often do you have preventive maintenance done? I'm not a tech but I have worked around a lot of heating systems, in a factory setting. I was a repairman, (parts replacer, just simple diagnostics) and I know they can be dangerous if not taken care of.

Reply to
do_see

Just beat on the burners with a hammer. It it doesn't fix it, then the explosion will. Call a repairman to get it done right. There are probably other things the furnace needs. How often do you have preventive maintenance done? I'm not a tech but I have worked around a lot of heating systems, in a factory setting. I was a repairman, (parts replacer, just simple diagnostics) and I know they can be dangerous if not taken care of properly. If we weren't sure, we always had an outside company with better trained techs come in.

Reply to
do_see

No.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Or if you stand close to the furance, you could see if you could catch your Junk on fire! ;)

Reply to
Zyp

And why not ?

Reply to
Jeffry Lebowski

Not enough quoted text. I'm not sure what I negatoried.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon