Help hooking up thermostat

I have a Reznor garage heater that I need to hook up a thermostat to. I got a heat-only Honeywell thermostat which has connections for R,W, and Y. The heater has R,G,W1 and W2. How do I hhok it up, or do I need a fancier thermostat? All the manual says is to use a 24V thermostat, which this is. Thanks.

Reply to
Charles

Did you install the heater?

Reply to
<kjpro

You need to call Reznor. They evidentially did not give you the "Heat-Only" kit. I believe the kit number is a P104-7010. This will give you the conversion board, wiring diagram and wiring harness you need to hook it up to a standard or programmable thermostat. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba, thats the wrong part number... its an ID10t

Reply to
Noon-Air

Yes, why?

Reply to
Charles

Here&#39;s what I figured out from other sources and experimentation. The simple thermostat I bought simply connects R to W when the temp is below setting and R to Y otherwise. The W2 connection on my heater is not connected to anything, it&#39;s there for an optional two stage setup that I didn&#39;t buy.

On the heater, connect R to W1 to make heat, connect R to G to turn on the fan with no heat.

I don&#39;t care about the fan without heat option right now, so I connect R thermostat to R heater and W thermostat to W1 heater and leave everything else no-connect. Works fine.

Reply to
Charles

Well it&#39;s like this...

#1 you have the heater&#39;s installation instructions #2 you have the thermostat&#39;s installation instructions

Having this two documents, you can&#39;t hook-up a simple control. So what makes you think you could install the heater properly and to code?

Now, before you get all pissy and say it&#39;s not that hard and it&#39;s not rocket science. Who&#39;s going to check and adjust the gas pressure? Who&#39;s going to do the electrical? Who&#39;s going to inspect the flu termination to insure it&#39;s safe?

Some things should be left to a trained professional.

Reply to
<kjpro

Binford 6010

Reply to