Thermostat Installation Problems

Hi.

I'm installing a Honeywell RTH7500D programmable thermostat for a Nordyne Quality Aire multistage heat pump system. Everything looks ok, until I get to a part about Y (yellow), W1 (white), and W2 (black).

The book says system modification is required.

I called a heating/Air person, and he told me that the white wire (W1) should go in the Aux on the new thermostat, Y goes to Y, and W2 doesn't need to be hooked up. However, when I did that, the heat pump doesn't heat (but the fan and compressor are running!) until the temp gets a 3 degree variance, when the Aux kicks in. I'm guessing the W2 wire needs to go somewhere.

Can someone help me?

Reply to
bumrocky

Did you try contacting honeywell customer support?

Reply to
trader4

Yeah, I get the standard "Call your heating and cooling contractor for assistance." They want to charge $150+. If I can do it myself, why not?

Reply to
bumrocky

They charge $150 for a reason. The biggest one, of course, is because they CAN fix it and you seem to not be able to. I think I can do plastic surgery, especially Boob jobs. I bet I could save a ton of money there but I think I'll just leave that to the professionals. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

LOL. I could see that one coming.

Reply to