Dual-zone and an Attic Fan

I'm having a home built by a production builder and I have the option to purchase a dual-zone HVAC system.

It's a 3 story (finished underground basement) home with about 2,800' on the main and upper level.

I'm in the Wash, D.C. area so the weather changes year-round.

The finished basement and the main level have open floor plans so it's kind of like having one big room on those levels.

The upper level has 5 bedrooms including a 400' master bedroom.

Is the dual-zone necessary or will I be wasting my money?

I also have the option to have an attic fan installed for $350; is it worth it and what's the potential for leaks?

Thanks,

Reply to
Tmack

Always should get all options available...

Pretty much a simple f****ng cottage then...

Unique geography--what with the weather being more or less stable everyplace else in the world....

A piss-poor design, IOW

And your worried about $350 for an atttic fan...

You've been wasting money all along....but now when it comes to the part about significant long term saving in heating costs...

What a f****ng idiot.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Get two independent systems, one for the upstairs and one for the main floor and basement. Make sure they are sized properly. Not really much more expensive than zoning a single larger system and simpler. Plus when one breaks you still have heat/ac in part of the house.

Get a gable mounted attic fan. No leaks.

Reply to
James

I see a man bent-over with his ass-cheeks pulled wide open!

I'll bet your builder kisses you when it is all done and paid-for!

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Hey Mark, another job for you LOL !

Reply to