Digital Psychrometers

Another "what do you use"?

Mannix Amprobe Fluke UEI Extech Fieldpiece

Which models have you used and which one do you prefer?

How long have you been using your digital meter and are you happy with it?

Reply to
<kjpro

Sling

Reply to
daytona°

Amprobe and sling

Reply to
Bill

I prefer the Bachara [probably not spelled right] sling.

I tried the UEI electronic version. Not impressed.

Reply to
Zephyr

Afrin nasograph

Reply to
Tekkie®

Fieldpiece HS35 with the optional ARH4 Wet bulb & dew point head. Probably 4 yrs. I like it but sometimes it seems too sensitive.........such as.......... When you check a shorted capacitor the numbers just fluctuate wildly. Probably the strangest thing with it though is reading voltages 120 and 240v. Sometimes I can read strange voltages on a completly dead line. Instead of getting a 0 reading I&#39;ll get 80, 120 etc. Now this is on a wire that isnt connected on the other end. Not sure if its picking up something floating around in the air or what the heck it is. I still like it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba
[url]
temp

Bubba;

Electronic VOM&#39;s are generally sensitive to stray voltages introduced to the line by an adjacent source.

Reply to
Zephyr

I bought an Amprobe after breaking the tubes on the Bacharah sling. I never really trusted it-- you could move it around a couple of inches at a RA and the temp would vary about 3 degrees. When it quit working right after its warranty expired, I went back to the sling. As I recall, the Amprobe was about $80 about 9 or 10 years ago, and they wanted a flat fee of around $50 to repair it. Larry

Reply to
lp13-30