Cent-A-Meter

Here in the Houston area, one of the power company, HL&P, is trying out a device to help home owners lower their electric bill.

Below is what I got from their web page:

is an innovative new product designed to show you how much your electricity consumption is costing you in real time.The wireless electricity monitor displays the cost of electricity being used on a portable, easy to read, LCD monitor inside your home. Understanding the cost of your household electricity consumption is the first step towards reducing your energy bill.

On the news it shows the consumer walking around their home and shutting down different devices and watching their consumption drop.

Has anyone experienced this device?

Reply to
Moe Jones

nope. came reeal close to buying one of these though...

gofish

have installed two of these units to family houses, TED works well and comes within couple dollars of the final electric bill

Reply to
Darn Cat

Fish,

Did you sign up for and receive the manual via email?

I'm curious as to more specifics here.....

Looks like an interesting device... and at $140.00... pretty reasonable.

Jake

Reply to
Jake

Yup, sure did, only their dang website responded that they couldnt/wouldnt send the file to an aol email address, which prompted me to send them a not-so-kind email, whereupon they promptly sent the file to my aol addy.... seems that aol runs some mighty tight spam filters....only the frickin spam gets thru, & not the legit email.....

Reply to
gofish

I found the main web site,

and they have a 2 page PDF file on the device.

The file even says the device can be hooked to a 3 phase power supply with a extra clamp.

Reply to
Moe Jones

"Cent-a meter" only works in other countries. Here in the U.S., we have to use "kill-a-watt". Why "kill-a watt"?

Because Cent-a-yard doesn't make sense, stupid!

;->

Consider the phrase "lunch break". Where the f*ck do you think THAT came from?

Well, I'll tell you. "Lunch half-hour" doesn't make much sense, either.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

by the way John, "Kill a watt" is a similar product, kind of. see

of funny in this situation, huh?

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit