Carrier Home Ait Cond. System Question

Is there anything as a home owner I can do as far as the cleaning of the unit as the other guy said? I do not see where there is dust in anything other than the normal dirt and grim from it setting outside.

I think I will call the carrier people and have them come out and have a look at it...

You need to call a *COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to come correctly diagnose and correct the problem with the system. No he is not gonna be the cheapest price, but then knowledge and quality doesn't come cheap. Tell that other "sales-nition" to hit the road and find another sucker.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Yeah, and stop listening to the polite mormon. He's nothing more than the resident Idiot!!

Reply to
KJPRO

The air blowing out in coming and up. No problem there...

Reply to
designwebs

Replace a compressor overload on a resi unit???

Reply to
KJPRO

Don't speak to highly of him, he might not ever STFU.

Reply to
Joseph

The OP didn't say how old his unit was but about 15 or so years ago the scrolls came with an external overload mounted on the top center of the compressor instead of an internal one. They were constant problems on the early scrolls on residential units. After a year or so they did away with them & went back to internal overloads. It's unlikely that's his problem but it is a possibility since no model #s or serial #s have been posted.

Reply to
Gary