CAPACITORS FOR 3-1/2 TON CARRIER HEAT PUMP

Just moved into a house with a pretty old Carrier Heat Pump model

38BYB042300. Looks like both the dual run cap and condensor starter cap have been changed out at some time (not mounted correctly - quite the hack job, and it starts/runs a little rough). Would anyone know the correct capacitance/voltages (or P/N's) for each one of these caps? If it helps, the the S/N is 2596E04853. Thanks.
Reply to
John

How do you mount a capacitor wrong?

(Don't even go there you jokers)

Reply to
HVAC

Wouldn't touch it. Too easy.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Reply to
John

Reply to
John

I can guess pretty close. Send $48.50 and I'll tell you. I'm not sure the wiring colors, not worked on one of that brand.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oh! I got it now.

Here we just say that it was mounted 'Stormy Style'.

Reply to
HVAC

Can you guess what I'm thinking about your $48.50 "guess" fee?

Reply to
John

you must be joking right

Reply to
Grumpy

You're thinking that's a bit too cheap for a professional consult?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Get a grip..... even the low-rent, fly by nights here in rural south Mississippi get more than that.

Reply to
Steve

Me and GB charge $65.00 our friend G. charges $100.00 but he has a shiny new truck to pay for. When I do control systems I charge $85.00. The amount of the bill is directly proportional to the attitude of the customer.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You can't help it if I don't charge enough.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's interesting to learn how much others charge. I ask other tradesmen, now and again. Quite a range, though.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sorry I am shame to say that my rates are $105.00 from portal to portal, plus 0.65 per mile, plus tolls and there is minimum charge ????

Reply to
Grumpy

$75 just to start the truck, and $200/hr labor rate in the flat rate book.

Reply to
Steve

First of all, I hope not all professional guess at their job, Stormin Moron. I have the answer to my question so I won't need your "consult" but thanks so much anyway. You and your pals in this worthless newsgroup, who hold themselves in such high esteem, can now continue to brag to each other who can best take advantage of people, and then elude to the Mormon relgion or Jesus in the same post.

Reply to
John

I'm guessing you're worth every penny of it, chief.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hmm. I don't charge enough.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You're welcome. Come back any time you want more.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon