Autochangeover thermostats (digital) work with Electric AC/ gas Furnace systems?

I've been looking to switch our digital thermostat to one that has the "auto changeover" feature..

Does anyone know if such a system will work with this type of furnace / ac..?

I'm assuming it would, as its just a computer making the switch from one to the other rather than manually flipping it?

Here are some models i was considering:

(hunter 550)

($400 for the combo of two receivers and a base unit, rather expensive, probably wont go with this one lol)

Thanks

Reply to
markm75

how long have you been thinking about this?

Yes, I know.

actually, its not a computer but rather a mere circuit board.

Personally I'm kind of particular to the models who model for Victoria's Secret.

You're very welcome. Do hurry back & let us know how the install went.

Reply to
gofish

Yes...there are stats. One thing you have to look for is the initial setup and configuration of multiple usage thermostats

(hunter 550)

Reply to
daytona°

Ok.. well.. i'm not sure what you guys were trying to convey here.. but my basic question was if these "auto changeover" digital thermostats will auto changeover on a gas heating/ electric cooling (non heat pump) type system? Local shops before told me that those didnt work unless you had a heat pump, but i would have to think that it would work with our setup?

Thanks

Reply to
markm75

Try asking a competent company.

Reply to
<kjpro

To do that, he would have to be smarter than the stat

Reply to
Noon-Air

That is the whole point of forums and newsgroups like this.. to help each other with questions, not to be ignorant idiots and give stupid answers like some have done in this thread.

Some people must not have anything better to do with their time...

Reply to
markm75

You got just what you paid for...

Now, if you&#39;d like my paypal info (to send money) for a better reply, just let me know.

Reply to
<kjpro

Hey merlin you must be too busy to do ANY research; try Google you fundie idiot.

Reply to
Tekkie®