Bathroom Exhaust Fan ......With Timer?

Menards. easy 2 wire hook up.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Try

They have nice, quiet Broan units that have the humidity sensor. When the wall switch is in the on position it turns on automatically when someone is using the shower, and then shuts itself off automatically after a few minutes. By flicking the wall switch off then on you can turn the fan on manually as well.

You can adjust the humidity sensitivity for the sensor and the shut off time on the unit. Uses standard wall switches and costs about $125 if I remember correctly.

The ones I found at the big box stores were waaaay too loud for my tastes.

Reply to
sleepdog

It is a Leviton timer switch, comes in two versions a 20 amp one that is rated for motors such as a fan, and a 5 amp one for incandescent lamps. They also are available in different timings, I cannot remember but I think the maximum times are 15 minutes, 30 minutes and one hour with the buttons for shorter intervals. Any Leviton dealer should have them available. You can also find them -- and many other great items -- on the Leviton website.

EXT

Reply to
William Brown

In addition to the standard timers others have mentioned, you might be interested in a "time-delay off" switch such as this one:

It's a switch which when shut off still runs the fan for an additional period of time, settable from 1 to 60 minutes. There is also an additional switched power lead which shuts off immediately, in case you wish to control a light and a fan from the same switch. I'm quite happy with mine. One "feature" which is not described in the documentation is that if power comes on after a power failure and the switch is off, the fan still runs for the time delay period.

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

I wonder if there is a fan, or a wall switch for one, that includes a timer. What I would like is to have it run a set time, like 30 min., for showers and then shut off automatically. Is there such a thing?

Reply to
Norminn

I have one something like this

It has buttons for on, off, 5, 10, 15, 30 minutes.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
Art Todesco

Lowes link worked for me.......

Charlie

Mine came from Lowes.

Reply to
Art

I am considering the Leviton 4255-Ivory Multi Timer Switch for use with a Panasonic FV-08VQL3; see:

Vince

Reply to
Art Todesco

Strange - my Lowe's has it. Now I have to find a 3 hole wall plate with one large opening. Found a sectional one, but have never seen them. Will have to check it out. Thanks.

Reply to
Norminn

Of course. Most/many motels and RV places use them.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Mine is similar..Its a GE 'decora' match switch with buttons for 10-20-30-60 min $ 9.99 up here in Canada

Rudy

Take a look at this fan from Broan:

It has a humidity sensor that turns it on and a timer that allows you to adjust how long it will run after it senses humidity.

Reply to
bakechad

I second the GE model. Real nice and uses standard faceplates too.

You can get them all over on ebay too.

Tom

Reply to
BocesLib

Broan fans are no comparison to Panasonic units.

If the original poster is also choosing the type of units to use, do alot of research and ask you local plumbing suppy house too. (many carry fans too)

How quiet the fan is, is one of the most important long term things you have to look at.

Tom

Reply to
BocesLib