Aprilaire 600 or Honeywell HE225/HE265 Humidifier?

Aprilaire 600 or Honeywell HE225/HE265 Humidifier? Following are some of the differences I've gleaned.

Aprilaire 600:

- Outdoor sensor.

- Integrated bypass damper.

- More tried-and-true?

- More people seem to really like them. (?)

Honeywell HE225/HE265:

- Humidicalc+ software (no outdoor sensor). "Designed to measure or infer outdoor temperature." "The first standalone humidistat to control to dewpoint instead of relative humidity."

- Damper not "integrated"? Does it matter?

- Honeywell is "a partner of the American Lung Association® Health House® program that provides guidelines for constructing homes with improved air quality and ventilation. Does this matter?

AgION Humidifier Pads with anti-microbial coating. Apparently these can be used in the Apilaire as well, though.

I'm not sure if some of this is just hype.

Thank you very much for any helpful information.

Reply to
poster3814