tinkerer wants 1hp ecm motor with or without "brain"

I am looking for a couple of 1hp ge ecm motors that you may have in your scrap pile, with or without the "brain". I am curious about this motor and would like to get my hands on one to tinker with. I am willing to pay for shipping plus a little. Thank you byrontalk(at)hotmail.com

I would call local heating and air conditioning companies and see what they had.... probably result in a better chance of getting one. They are permanent magnet motors....dc... motors usually dont go bad...but a lot of folks will change motor and module at the same time.....

Used to see some with windings that just shorted thru vibration.....if you find one of those and take a look you can probably find the bad spot....carefully seperate the wires....ohm it out to make sure everything is ok and take some varnish and recoat the windings where the insulation has rubbed bare....just slop it on....and you can have a decent motor for playing with.

yep....local heating and air conditioning companies....probably your best bet.....

pay some local hvac slug 10.00-20.00 for a motor....cheaper than shipping it....and if you like fooling around with old electric equipment you might find a good source for a lot of parts......

old hvac equipment contains a lot of old circuit boards, contactors, relays...electric switches of various flavors.... its a gold mine for tinkerers

Reply to
cornytheclown