Anyone buy their health insurance?

I have huge doubts about my rate being cheaper. I'd need about a 25% cut just to get back to where I was before Obamacare increases.

I had shared risk, BCBS had lots of insured to share my risk, with one huge difference, they picked preferred risk customers, no preexisting health problems. My policy did not include pregnancy, with Obamamcare, I'll be paying for pregnancy.

We'd be far better off paying cash than our monthly insurance premium. We need insurance for a hospitalization, major illness, serious accident, etc.

I agree. That's why I carry a $10,000 deductible, I pay 100% of every medical expense up to $10,000. WELL, I did, until Obamacare, know the insurance company must pay for one physical, mammograms, colonoscopy, some gyno exams. Obama says, there FREE. There not, that why I have had huge increases the last two years. I also make use of a Health Savings Account, I fund it to the maximum every year.

We have to share that risk with a big enough pool of other insured people. A small company can't do it, a large corporation can. The larger the pool, the cheaper the cost for each individual. The largest possible pool is the entire US population. That scares the insurance companies to death, because if anyone ever realized it, their profits would tumble. And that's what Affordable Care is designed to do, require everybody to be insured.

I don't see your logic. More customers should mean more profits. The problems; we are going to cover people that can't afford the premiums, so everyone else's costs go up, we are adding preexisting conditions, so everyone elses costs go up, the government is involved so efficiency go down, so everyone elses costs go up.

Did you really mean to say, "there isn't a single other provision within it that we don't all like."

What utter NONSENSE.

More than half the country is complaining about a bill that was pushed through without anyone in congress reading it. Do you know of one?

Hmm, I can name a few provisions I don't like.

I want to pay for my family, not every one else's.

I want the coverage I had, not what Obamacare has forced on my insurance company.

Why should my doctor pay an extra tax to buy medical equipment he needs to use on me.

I don't want my medical care rationed when I'm considered to old for whatever procedure.

I don't want the Obamacare tax on the sale of my home.

States must create new bureaucracy to check into our finances and families so they can hand out generous taxpayer subsidies for health insurance to families earning up to $90,000 a year.

Obamacare includes $575 billion dollars in cuts to Medicare.

" Government control over doctor decisions.Value-based payments, quality reporting requirements, and government comparative-effectiveness boards will dictate how doctors practice medicine. Nearly half of all physicians are seriously considering leaving practice, leading to a severe doctor shortage."

"Huge deficits. The CBO has raised its cost estimate for the law to $1.76 trillion over ten years, but that is only the opening bid as more and more people lose their job-based coverage and flood into taxpayer-subsidized insurance. At this rate, the cost will be $2 trillion, not the less than $1 trillion the president promised."

"159 new boards, agencies, and programs: The Obama administration will work quickly to set up as many of the law?s new bureaucracies as fast as it can."

"The government has also decided to increase the penalty from 10 percent to 20 percent for any withdrawals made for non-health expenses." I think I understand the rules, but I didn't hire a lawyer to explain the legalese.

Small Businesses are laying off employees to get under 50 and/or cutting employee hours to part time to avoid Obamacare expenses.

I could go on, but I've made my point.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Then you don't want insurance.

and this is beyond complete and utter BS, it's a lie.

Currently your insurance company tells your doctor how he can treat you. You have no recourse and you cannot sue. The insurance companies have complete power; if they say you aren't covered, you aren't.

If the govt were involved, you could appeal. But that hasn't happened.

A single pay option would have been nice, but that wasn't on the table.

Your statistics on people not liking the affordable health care are a lie, too.

2/3rds like it, or would like it if it had gone just a bit further.
Reply to
TimR

Ok, I didn't state that well, I want the insurance I had, not the one that includes 30 million additional people that I'll be billed for.

Because you say so?

Because you say so?

I notice you clipped all the negative effects of Obamacare. It's OK, I don't like thinking about them either. Mikek Mikek

Reply to
amdx

No it's called ERISA. Look it up but basically anty coverage through you employer you have zero ability to prevail against the insurance company for denal of service/coverage

No it's called ERISA. Look it up but basically anty coverage through you employer you have zero ability to prevail against the insurance company for denal of service/coverage

Reply to
NotMe

you. You have no recourse and you cannot sue. The insurance companies = have complete power; if they say you aren't covered, you aren't.

I do not know all catches in OBAMA care=20 but I am for it, that all people should and most have Health Insurance!

I have retired in 2003-4. As I was retiring, I and my wife received = notice=20 from NJ BCBS that premiums will go up from $1900. Per month to $2300.=20

Per month both of us was cover by type (J) coverage with $1500. = Deductible=20

I will not blame any individual administration but the whole Legislative =

System and Terrorist groups call LOBBYIST who dine and wine Legislators=20

To bend the rules their ways. With too many crooks collecting salaries = do=20

Nothing It should be mandatory retirement for them; but they don't want = to=20

Retire because all their activity is paid by us the tax payer.

Reply to
Tony944

I bet you're thrilled you have pregnancy benefits. I'm sure your happy paying for my subsidy. What about the people that pay the $95 tax instead of buying a policy. Do they deserve insurance or healthcare? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

message

Legislators

That is why every body should have insurance no options!

Reply to
Tony944