alki or acidy

I do a lot of cleaning condensors. Alkaline coil cleaner has been working well. But, I've never tried the acid stuff.

What does everyone else like?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yep and you have to be more careful with it. It takes a lot of rinsing. I had one idiot use oven cleaner on a small condensing unit in a kitchen. It cleaned real well and he rinsed it off real good but got some of it into the box containing the electrical controls. I haven't used any acid based coil cleaner in years because the fumes bother me.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I use Vapco HP Cleaner *ONLY* (page 12)

Steve

I've used a lot of Vapco Foaminator and it does an excellent job.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Must work, if you're using it. I got some bio friendly stuff from Johnstone, that didn't do anything I could tell. I went back to Alki-Foam.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Fumes.... not a good thing. The alki tends to be choking, when the spray is set to a fine mist. So, I don't do that any more.

I did try oven cleaner on two condensors, today. The dollar a can stuff from Dollar Tree. Worked fine. The wide spray mist doesn't penetrate as well as the alki sprayer I use. But, it did clean the condensors nicely. I'll probably carry a couple cans as backup when I neglect to refil my alki foam.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You can't fool me. I know you're just teasing. It's 40 grit wet and dry sand paper.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormy, sometimes your intelligence just can't be suppressed. You must just pretend to be an ID10t

Reply to
Real Pisser