Does anyone know what to use to remove the green stuff from a bronze pool cage framework? (2023 Update)

I recently moved into a new home with a beautiful backyard pool. However, the pool cage framework made of bronze has been neglected and is now covered in unsightly green stains. Despite my efforts to clean it with regular soap and water, the green stuff won't come off. I have tried searching online for a solution, but have not been successful. Frustrated and hoping to restore the beauty of my pool area, can someone help? Thanks!

Reply to
Anonymous

If you're dealing with green stuff on your bronze pool cage framework, it's likely that you have algae or another type of buildup. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to remove it and get your pool area looking great again.

Here's what you'll need to do to get rid of the green stuff on your bronze pool cage

  1. First, use a broom or brush to remove any loose debris from the framework.

  1. Create a cleaning solution by mixing equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
  2. Spray the cleaning solution onto the affected areas and let it sit for several minutes.
  3. Use a soft-bristled brush or sponge to gently scrub the framework.
  4. Rinse the framework with clean water.
  5. If the green buildup is still present, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water. Create a paste by mixing baking soda with enough water to make a thick consistency. Apply the paste to the affected areas and let it sit for several minutes before rinsing with clean water.
  6. For extra shine, you can apply a coat of bronze wax or oil to the framework.

In terms of tools and materials, here's what you'll need

  • Broom or brush

  • White vinegar
  • Water
  • Spray bottle
  • Soft-bristled brush or sponge
  • Baking soda (if needed)
  • Bronze wax or oil (optional)

This is definitely a DIY task that you can handle on your own. However, if the buildup is particularly stubborn or you're not confident in your cleaning abilities, you might want to consider hiring a professional cleaner.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor