I have been battling with this ultra fine white powerdy dust all over my apt?!? (2023 Update)

I have been battling with this ultra fine white powerdy dust all over my apt?!? open original image
I have been battling with this ultra fine white powerdy dust all over my apt?!? open original image
I have been battling with this ultra fine white powerdy dust all over my apt?!? open original image
I have been battling with this ultra fine white powerdy dust all over my apt?!? open original image
I have been battling with this ultra fine white powerdy dust all over my apt?!? open original image

I need HELP or a solution to this white powdery dust that's physically making me sick!!! I tried to google it and noone seems to have any ideas to where it's coming from??? I spoke with my landlords and they have no idea where this white dust is coming from either...they see it all over my apt!!!! SMH. This mysterious white powdery dust is forming over the apt. In the kitchen area on the counter-tops, in the cabinets, on top of the refrigerator, all over my kitchen table and chairs, in my bedroom all over the furniture, in my closets, doors, all over my clothes, and; I see it more in the bathroom on the walls, tiles, the floor,the living-room too. I have old hardwood floors and it's on the floors as well. My heat generates from radiators that I have.

Reply to
simplyconfused in new jersey

Any renovations taking place in the building?

Reply to
disqus_HLxTzZEJBn

It sounds like you're dealing with a frustrating and concerning situation with this white powdery dust in your apartment. Unfortunately, without more information, it can be difficult to determine the exact source of the dust. However, there are a few things you can try to help reduce or eliminate the dust:

  1. Clean regularly: Regular cleaning can help remove the dust and prevent it from accumulating. Use a damp cloth or mop to clean surfaces instead of dry dusting, as this can stir up the dust and make it worse.
  2. Check your air filters: If you have an HVAC system, make sure the filters are clean and replaced regularly. Dirty filters can cause dust to circulate throughout your home.
  3. Check for leaks: Check your plumbing for leaks and make sure your windows and doors are properly sealed. Moisture can cause dust to accumulate, so fixing any leaks can help reduce the amount of dust in your home.
  4. Consider an air purifier: An air purifier can help capture and filter out dust particles in the air. Look for one with a HEPA filter for best results.
  5. Talk to your landlord: If you've tried everything and still can't determine the source of the dust, talk to your landlord again and ask if they can bring in a professional to investigate.
  6. Remember to wear a mask or protective gear while cleaning or handling the dust, and consider seeing a doctor if you're experiencing any health issues related to the dust.
Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor