Subject Author Posted Replies

Cats in Flower Bed
Hello, I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, so the Scarecrow Sprinkler isn't an option. Could someone please suggest a cheap alternative? What about a sensor activated silent whistle or something?
4
4

How far will flowering cherry tree roots spread? (2024 Update)
Can anyone help me with how far the roots of flowering cherry trees will spread, particularly Taihaku, Yedoensis and Shirotae. I am trying to put some in a Churchyard and need to provide this...
2
2

Need to grow your own manure?
Well, while we wait for Shelly to pry his foot out of his mouth, a new concern has arisen for organic farmers.  -  January 6, 2009 Worried about Antibiotics in Your Beef? Vegetables May Be No Better...
27
27

Hi there
Hi I am Lisa and I am new to this group. I hope to get some ideas for my garden and meet people here that love to spent their time in the garden like me. Lisa
3
3

Polytunnels - what are they good for
Obviously growing food. Also very good in winter however to dry clothes. Put up a few lines in the tunnel and there you go. Drys towels and jeans perfectly. rob

Black Walnut Growth Rate Issues...
I planted a black walnut from a bare root sapling about 3 years ago and it only seems to grow about 3-4 inches per year instead of the 1'-1.5' I hear it's supposed to grow. While I don't have a...
11
11

Onion seed question
How long should I wait after my onions drop seed before I replant the seeds? Do they need any special conditions before they can germinate i.e. a period of cold storage/weather? Are the answers...

moving roses
when is the best time to move roses? is now ok, if i can keep them watered, or should i wait until fall? some are grafted & some are own root, if that matters. one is supposedly a climber although...
6
6

Collecting autumn leaves & council spraying weeds in gutter
A workmate is putting together some raised vege gardens so I have been collecting leaf fall for her around the frosts and thunder storms. On my way to work a couple of days ago I watched a council...

What Flower is this?
Greetings, could you please tell me the name of the flower I have uploaded as the first picture at I named it lamely =91Evening 2=92 because I can=92t find its proper name in my flower book . It seems...
4
4

Identifying spots on the underside of chili plant leaves
Hi, I'm growing several varieties of chili plant indoors and I've noticed lately there are some nasty looking white spot appearing on the underside of the leaves this is on about 10 of my plants now...
2
2

Hey Gardners - Pumpkin Plant Question??
Hey all you expert gardeners in this group, I have a simple question for you!! Is it possible to grow pumpkins in a "plant container"?? A few weeks ago, we discovered like 20 baby pumpkin sprouts...
1
1

time to fruiting..
I'm a beginning vegetable gardener (7b Atlanta). Garden is in the sunniest part of the yard, which is still in part shade for parts of the day (1/3). The garden has been in for weeks and everything is...
1
1

Cantaloupe - tendrils?
i am typing in l/c only, in case the jealous plant gods are watching... first time I've tried melons in ages...going great so far, shhhh!... question: plants have lots of eager tendrils. since plants...
2
2

Peppers again
My peppers are slowly starting to grow, mostly building thicker stems. The weather has been quite cool here in SoCal. Anyway, the one big one has grown about 3 inches. I bought it at about 12 inches....
11
11