Subject Author Posted Replies

Discararded pot plants used as a pot filler?
When the local council have pulled out all the 'finished' plants they have put out in flower beds, they throw them on a big unsightly heap in a remote corner of the cemetery. After a while it ends up...
10
10

Disease on Thuja
I planted a row of Thuja plicata atrovirens, about 4 years ago, the plants I purchased were 4ft tall and looked healthy and bushy at the time. They have now grown in height to between 6 and 8ft, but...
1
1

Green beans leaping up netting
There was a thread about pruning -- was it tomatoes? -- where it was thought that pruning wouldn't hurt output? Have I got that right? I am facing similar situation. My green bean vines just LEAPED up...
2
2

How to block certain posters?
I used to know how to do this on another system, but can't find how here. Help appreciated.
7
7

Hello, advice needed.
First of all I'd like to say Hi first post here. Secondly I'd like some advice on a couple of things.... Firstly I'm need some plants to go in my front garden(if you can call it a garden) see picture...
2
2

Is summer straightneck squash and yellow zucchini the same thing?
My neighbor says they are different but I really don't know. Told him I'd ask here in this group. Thanks.......... Rich
8
8

New Tree Pictures
Crew arrives with equipment and trees: beats hand digging: horse chestnut, my water hauler: maple: very graceful: blue spruce, after my hawthorne: "Fat Albert" Colorado blue spruce: "Crimson King"...
2
2

Corn
What's the best way to tell when corn is ready to pick? My grandson has some growing and I know nothing about when to pick it TIA
6
6

Off Topic Stuff
The Widget "Asteroid Watch" from the Jet Propulsion Lab has a asteroid about 1,500 feet long about 1.2 million miles away due Oct 30. This is the closest I've ever seen since I found the widget. So...
3
3

Killing Kudzu
I've come into a small inheritance and have bought a house with kudzu having taken over the back yard. This will have to go! Which mentions Garlon 3A. Any other ideas? On another note I'll have...
5
5

Betula Utilis Jaquamanii
A customer of mine wants me to prune back some birches which are in their carpark. I have read up on this in my RHS book and it says late winter/early spring, with some able to be done in late summer...
1
1

New Trees
Tomorrow morning the crew will be here to plant my five new trees; One Fat Albert Colorado blue spruce, about 6' One Colorado blue spruce, about 10' One sugar maple "Legacy", 4" caliper, about 14' One...
11
11

okra
hi all, i bet we are the only group glad to see the rain, i have tried to grow okra in a green house and on the lotty no luck any advise also some people say it is hot and others say the taste is like...
5
5

Who took my phosphorus?
I was at Wal-Mart earlier, about to buy a bag of Howard Johnson fertilizer, when I noticed that it had a "0" where the phosphorus number used to be. It also said something like "now more...
6
6

Tomato plant stalks broken
The weight got to the stalks. I thought I had them secured but two major branches with a lot of my best fruit bent over and are broken but not broken through. I tied them up and straightened them out...
10
10