Subject Author Posted Replies

Planting new tree from nursery
I imagine one needs to break up the root ball a little and pull some roots out of it. How best to go about it, so that the tree suffers less shock and starts to get established quickly?
2
2

Fwd: Re: Annual Ryegrass
Sure. Yesterday wife had a couple of friends over for lunch and I got to show them a deer munching on my lawn. Wish they ate enough so I did not have to cut it but they like my day lillies and flowers...
3
3

Annual Ryegrass
I have a vacation cabin in the mountains of NC, at 4200 feet elevation. In early June, I planted annual ryegrass, in a partly shaded area. It came up in about 15-20 days, and was *real* thick and...
24
24

OT Ping Billy
Scottish lore. Mr. Millin, who was asked to play the bagpipes as British troops landed in Normandy, was immortalized in the movie “The Longest Day.” Mr. Millin, who was asked to play the bagpipes...
1
1

Trip to Ness Gardens has sparked many ID questions! (HELP?)
Hey there i recently paid a visit to Ness Botanical Gardens to spark some insiration for a large garden i have recently aquired due to moving. Me and my partner found so many plants we loved and would...
12
12

Podocarpus(Fern Pine) question
Do any of you have any of these? They look perfect for a couple small spaces I have. From googling them I see they are slow growing and can be easily controlled for heighth and width. My question is,...
2
2

Good trellis plants
I am installing a 8 foot by 6 foot iron trellis for privacy. What is a good plant that would cover the trellis relatively quickly and not require a lot of attention other than watering and some...
26
26

First Post New Garden New Gardener !
Hi There , I am in the process of buying a house in Liverpool , UK and the house is SSE Facing . The house is new so obviously will the garden , the question I wanted to ask was exactly how much sun...
2
2

bushes that bloom often
I'm in need of some landscaping and would like to add color and size. I'm in Atlanta, 7b, piedmont. Mostly that seems to come down to crape myrtle, but I was in Lowes and saw an azalea blooming....
13
13

Fruit trees in pots?
I am about to embark on a big -- at least it's "big" to me! -- project in my backyard. Involves converting a central veg. patch into a recreational "Island" with flagstones, umbrella table and chairs,...
10
10

Monsanto Wins Again!
Add more credibility to your site - get a premium domain today. Straight-forward shopping experience.
6
6

Garden design, what do you think
hello, I have just got a new house and as it is a new build the garden is just soil. I have drawn up this idea please let me know what you think and how hard it will be to create as i will be doing...
6
6

Saving seeds
There must be some trick to preparing seeds for storage. I wanted to preserve some seeds from my Red Hmong cucumbers so I let one get really ripe on the vine to the point it was starting to decompose...
8
8

Noob watering question
Here where I live- Rockaway, NY- I have all sand laying on top of construction rubble from the new home construction and the demolition of Rockaways' Playland. (I'd have a MUCH bigger garden if I...
2
2

Echeveria ( California sunset ) Hens and Chicks?
Is that what they are called "Hens' and Chicks" for Echerveria? Well i have one and its getting almost tall enough that may need repotting . Now with the fall aproaching and not getting the sun that...
3
3