Subject Author Posted Replies

Spring planting bulbs for Colorado?
What are good perennial bulbs for Colorado ( zone 4? ) , that can be planted in spring, will bloom in summer, and spread each year?
5
5

Solid clay garden am I doing the right thing?
Hi guys, This is my first post and I'll confess from the start I'm new to gardening! I have a garden in hull that is made entirely of clay and is a swamp all winter and looks like the surface of the...
14
14

keyline design
interesting. :) i'll have to put this on the "more reading" list. i had never heard of this before and found it while wandering about. songbird Keyline design - Wikipedia
1
1

'Marconi' Shasta Daisies
I have been searching for 'Marconi' shasta daisies. None of the nurseries in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles or in Ventura County seem to carry them. I did a Google search on "marconi 'shasta...
5
5

first time with climbing rose -- your advice?
Hello, My wife came home this afternoon with a "Climbing America" rose. I've never tried roses before this week, and I usually have a gray thumb. She wants to plant the Climbing America on an...
12
12

New to both the forum and gardening!!
Hi, I've moved into a new house which is riddled with brambles :@ I know they are hard to get rid of and I'm after a quick and easy solution to have the garden ready for my kids top play in this...
9
9

A couple of leafy questions
Does anybody know what this is. My Bangladeshi neighbour grew it before he left 10 yrs ago and its still self seeding all over the place. Tastes a bit like chlorophyll, and thats all.
1
1

Soil-less cold frame
Space in my yard is at a premium, especially since my wife has finally succeeded in her plans for a new shed (I did manage to get a gardening work bench in there though). However, I have a deck with a...
2
2

TV Gardening programmes
Does anyone have a favourite programme? Gardeners' World has definitely improved this year, but I must admit I find the new Horticultural Channel programme very enjoyable.
12
12

Have question about dwarf japanese maple about 4 feet... snow during winter caused trunk to split..
trunk split,, tree company tied it together with string to hold, say they can nail it back... will this work? i was not familiar with this technique, i thought that since the trunk was split there was...
4
4

Lawn maintenance
interesting article on experimentation with mixture of native grasses vs. Bermuda. HB http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110421104512.htmVery

Best dahlia books for europeans?
Hi, I've been growing a small handful of dahlias (typically 4-5 cultivars, now 7) for a bit over 5 years now and I'm thinking it's time to be a bit more serious, so I'm looking for good source...
1
1

starting off seeds
A couple of year ago Ibought these round pads with a little indentation in the middle where you put the seed and water it It then expands and encapsulates the seed and it grows from there any ideas...
6
6

Rototilling
I prefer no-till "Lasagna" gardening, or "Sheet Mulching" as others call it. To my way of thinking it is the best way to garden, and it requires less exertion.
33
33

help with a plant
Hiya my first post and im not sure im in the right place, if i am i will post pictures tomorrow once i know i am able to! My mom gave me a piece of a plant her dad gave her many years ago, (he dies...
1
1