help with a plant

Hiya my first post and im not sure im in the right place, if i am i will post pictures tomorrow once i know i am able to!

My mom gave me a piece of a plant her dad gave her many years ago, (he dies when i was 3 and im 36 now) she always says she doesnt know what its called but when she is talking about it to my dad she says 'the one like a little ice plant' and my dad knows what she's talking about!

It is a tuber or rhizome kind of plant, (forgive me i do not know the difference yet) its flowering just this week, pale smooth, semi shiny yellowy green leaves and yellow small bell kind of flowers on a stem, its small in height (around 10-15cm)

She asked me if it had flowered as the one she knows her dad gave her had yellow an purple flowers and she was keen to see if this was an off cut of that one as she says she has 'lost it' she thinks,

it opened this week and is all yellow, so she is dissapointed as was hoping it was the purple yellow one,

i know its hard without pictures, but does anyone have any ideas from the description as id love to find the purple yellow version that means so much to her, if i am allowed ill post a pic tomorrow, not sure i this is allowed on the forum,

Hope someone can help.

Reply to
PrincessPoppy

Only one way to put her out of her misery, songbird.

I hope that helps ;O)

Reply to
Billy