Mediterranean climbers

Folks this is my first post because to be honest I am not a gardener and as such desperately need your help/advice. I have a house in Kefalonia in Greece and am planning to erect a 25m x

2m high galvanised mesh fence which I would like to cover with a very hardy, low maintenance, quick growing, evergreen climber. The purpose of the fence and climber is to hide an excavated length of hill which was dug out when the house was being built and retain any rubble/stones sliding down the hill.. Being on a hill the ground is very rocky although you would never believe it to see the way the weeds come through the ground !!!!! The fence will be south facing so will be getting very strong sun throughout the summer although there is normally plenty of rain outwith June ,July Aug. Another thing you should know is that I am only at the house about 4 months of the year so will only be able to do limited maintenance. As I said at the start I know nothing about gardening so please keep any response nice and basic.
Reply to
buzzbomb

Hi Buzzbomb, I think all I can say to you is to have a look around your area and see what other people are using ? Try also any local nurseries for advice. Like I always tell people buying climbers down here in windy Cornwall, go for something quick growing, you can always cut things back but you cant add bits on if what you choose is struggling to do the job ? Lannerman.

Reply to
lannerman