Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Mexican Redbud question
This will happen to ANY plant that is in the path of the hot air from an A/C compressor. Although the Mexican Redbud, which does tolerate heat and drought better than any of the other varieties,...

Hampton Court Flower Show: photos from the 2003 show
I took some photos at Hampton Court Flower Show (on Wednesday 9th July 2003), and have posted them on this page of my website: you missed the Chelsea Flower Show, I also took pictures at this event...
5
5

Re: Love my Mulberry tree!!!
My Mulberry tree produces white fruit. They really have little or no taste, but are very sweet. Is this, indeed, a type of Mulberry?
6
6

Re: Zone 3 or colder plants? Looking for fragrant/bright, long lasting flowers for Calgary, Alberta.
Well, at least moose don't show up in herds in the garden : ) Here on the coast, we put up fishnet garden fencing, to keep the moose out. It works pretty well. (Moose are the largest member of the...
1
1

Tomato leaves turning yellow
My tomatoes are dying. I've been gardening for over 20 years and this one has me stumped. The new leaves are green, but within a couple of days they begin to turn yellow, with green veins. The older...

Re: Apple tree getting white patches under the leaves?
Forgot to mention, Ortho makes a good book on plant diseases for the home garden, which includes fruit trees. There should be plenty of material on the Web, if you plug in 'fruit trees' 'diseases'...
8
8

Medic!
Hi all, I have a bird of paradise plant that, when moved, had two of its stems crunched. The actual leaves hadn't hadn't unfurled yet (not sure if it makes a difference). I was hoping that there was a...
2
2

Need Info on Compost Tea
I would like to ask a couple questions on making and using compost tea: - Does it really work? Do I expect to see larger crop, bigger flowers, ...etc? Can someone tell me some "before and after"...
4
4

Re: Malathion Rate
Well, I'm not going to satiate your desire for IPM. I am full on organic/natural. However, citrus oil or active ingredient being d-limonine is extremely toxic to common pests, such as aphids, and...

Castor Bean Seeds
I went to a yard sale a few weeks ago and commented on a lady's flower gardens. She gave me a bunch of different seeds and cuttings:) One thing she gave me was several pods of Castor Bean seeds (the...
2
2

Spiders killing off shrubs, grapes?
Hey all! We have some Valiant grape vines, about a foot tall that we've planted recently. We also have a number of other plants - roses, blueberry, etc. and we've noticed that the ends of some...
2
2

Re: tomato stakes
If you buy "rebar," metal rods about 3/8" in diameter made to reinforce concrete, you can push them into the earth very easily. And they will last almost forever. You can get them at building supply...
5
5

Clematis
I have planted a Nelly Moser about a month ago. It seemes to be doing great until 2-3 days ago, when all the leaves on one of the two stems started wilting. Also the leaves are browning from the...
4
4

Re: spines and summer surprises, summer regulars and total garden MADNESS again...........
"madgardener" <> expounded: Remember, I keep all of your posts, so if you ever need one, just holler!!! {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

Holly of the Year
Holly of the Year The Holly Society of America, Inc. (P.O. Box 803, Millville, NJ 08332, phone 856-825-4300, web site has named Ilex opaca ?Satyr HillĀ¹ as the 2003 Holly of the Year. Here is more...