Wilting Dogwood...

Hi All,

I have a mature dogwood tree whose leaves are wilting and curling. All leaves on the tree are doing this. The lower leaves have black spots and many are now turning a dark purple and falling off. There is no white powdery stuff on the leaves. Any ideas on the culprit?

I live in zone 5. No drought conditions. In fact been getting quite a bit of rain lately. No other shrubs, plants, or trees around have the symptoms of the dogwood. Although, I do have a lilac nearby with some yellowing, curling leaves. Also, seems like I remember the tree doing the same thing last year. But, didn't really pay it much attention.

Any input is much appreciated.

-Chris Swartz

Reply to
Chris S.