Re: two same tomato plants - different results

I planted two tomato plants (patio hybrid) in similar containers. Both

> were planted on same day(begining of May), same soil, fed same things, > get same amount of sun light. They grew into almost same size plants. > But one started bearing fruits(around 15) about a month back. But the > other has zero. It flowers but then no fruits are coming. It has been > flowering for more than a month. What could be the reason?

Are both plants in the same location ? It could be one is not polinateing due to being out of the wind or something. If the plant is growing in a cage or is staked try to shake the plant to see if that helps. Harold

Reply to
harold steig

It could be genetic diversity or it could be some kind of microclimate. If the containers can be moved switch their positions.

Reply to
Beecrofter

Thanks for the response. both the plants are side by side. I will try switching the locations.

Reply to
Balaji Gadhiraju