Potatoes ????

I live in western NY state, for thr first time I planted potatoes this year, they are growing real well, I planted in rows , I heaped the soil over them twice when they were small, When will I know when it's ready for harvest time ?????? Thanks < great newsgroup >

Reply to
Vince (Buffalo N.Y.)

That will usually be when the tops die off, however I can never resist poking around earlier and eating the new baby potatoes. Few make it to maturity around here!

Reply to
mtk

I have grown potatoes too, and you do have to wait till the potatoes tops die off. I have a few baby ones now, but in a few weeks, they should be ready, give or take a week or two! Hope this helps!!

Peppergirl.

Please check out my website. Click on below.

Reply to
Peppergirl

You Have to dig the biggest potato plants to check for ready potatoes.

Reply to
Derryl Killan