What type of impatiens are these?

I am not a fan of the New Guinea impatiens that is now being offered as the replacement for the no longer available Walleriana. The leaves look like they are made of silk.

A neighbor has some different type of impatiens. It is taller than the Walleriana. He'd like to know what type it is so that he can buy it again next year.

Full picture:

Closeup:

Don

e-mail at page bottom.

Reply to
Don Wiss

Not any type of impatiens. A favorite of mine for container planting.

The scientific name is Catharantus roseus, but they are usually sold as "Vinca" or "Periwinkle".

The species:

Some stellar examples of cultivars:

They are usually happier in part sun (especially morning sun) rather than full shade.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

I'm pretty sure those are periwinkles (Vinca rosea.) HTH :)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob