What the heck is this monster?

A friend posted this on another newsgroup. He saw it yesterday while on a bike ride. This is scary.

FragileWarrior

doctored picture. I don't feel like spending my time searching right now but I found this:

Sheldon

Reply to
Grandpa

Thank you.

Reply to
Sheldon

Grandpa wrote in news:T_jci.7901$1o.5514@trnddc01:

Thanks, I'll pass the info along. (And, no, it's not a doctored photo. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:55:48 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Reply to
jangchub

Here are a few more photos. One has a human in it for scale:

FragileWarrior

FragileWarrior

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in news:Xns99505542BD3E2eatjoeznet@69.28.186.121:

It's really cool. I want one. But I want one that eats little kids.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Then get two or three, and space them about 10 feet apart. They are a southwest desert plant (notice the Arizona license plate?). If you get them from the same mother plant, they usually bloom the same year. That makes an impressive display.

Reply to
Grandpa

I thought it looked just like the yucca I have almost ready to bloom in my front yard.

Reply to
betsyb

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:27:04 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior dropped this turd

We had some in Hawaii that would. Very sharp points, and recurved spikes along the edges of the leaves. Not something to get tangled up in.

Reply to
Charles

I have a bunch of these and they are starting to grow and do their thing now. I got them all from the same mother, so will have that awesome display.

Reply to
jangchub

Please post some pictures when they bloom. Mine are going to be at least a decade away.

Reply to
Grandpa