What's eating plants in my cold frame

Something ( small) is eating the tops out of the plants in my cold frame. Has to be something pretty small since the frame is closed up most of the time and only open during the day.

Ron H.

Reply to
Ron H

Slugs? Snails? Head out at night with a flashlight and check...

Reply to
Kay Lancaster

Don't rule out earwigs or sow bugs either.

I've planted sunflower seeds in with young plants and the stupid pests seem to prefer eating them over the other stuff.

Reply to
ozzy.kopec

So what can one do about such invasions?

Reply to
Ron H

Figuring out what you have is the first step. Then you can try a number of solutions, dependent on what the pest is, your method of gardening, etc.

Once you've got the pest identified, here are some starters:

Kay Lancaster