weeds ??????

The plants that are "weeds" are just very tough plants that survive without any care.

Reply to
Vox Humana

The definition of a weed is any plant that grows where you don't want it. Anything can be a weed. Maple trees. Tomatoes. Carrots.

In theory, given enough inattention/neglect, tulips and gladiolus could be considered weeds by someone.

On the other hand, some things generally considered weeds can have some redeeming value. Solidago is useful in bouquets (goldenrod)(and it isn't the allergen most people consider it to be).

Vox Humana wrote:

Reply to
dps

Here in Eastern Massachusetts, even some of my weeds are wilting. I raise clouds of dust walking in some areas. I've had to spend so much time moving water that the weeding has been neglected and some crops have completely disappeared under 4' high stuff.

THURST> FamilyNet Newsgate

Reply to
dps

Generally speaking, a 'weedy' plant is one that tends to thrive and spread with little help from humans.

That being said, plants wouldn't be a weeds if humans accepted them where nature placed them.

_______ EWIRM: Stand still long enough and weeds will grow between your toes! World of Weeds

raycruzer

FamilyNet Newsgate

Here in Eastern Massachsuetts, after some heavy rains in early June, we have had a mini dought with less appreciatalbe rains than normal so that a new front lawn is now more brown than green and bouder plants are only thriveing because I give them daily waterings. (Maybe that may be why tomato plantings in 5gal. tubs (wherein the water stays more cantained) are doing better than those from same seedlings packs planted around the house are noticebly less developed 8-(

Yesterday I got out during the early cool morning and weeded a boarder garden between our unused car driveway and our neighbors that does get some car use. The weeds were so well developed, I wonder why weeds seem to thrive so much more than our more valued lawns and/or gardens?

Murphy's law maybe? or?

Stay young, OldAck.

Reply to
THURSTON ACKERMAN