Prefab house builders in Eastern Europe

I am planning to build my house in the Netherlands.

Any good links for companies in Eastern Europe that does this ?

Kind regards

Erik Kolset

Reply to
Erik Kolset

That builds the kits, or builds the house? Eastern Europe? You had better beware of quality and conforming to local building regulations.

Reply to
IMM

What I am looking for are companies that can produce walls, floors and roofs, or complete houses. Talked to a local building company here in the NL, and they told me that all their wood constructions and window frames etc, would be built in Lithuania. Transported to Western Europe and put together by local workers. Foundation, tiles and bricks would be bought / made locally. Due to the cheap labor costs in Lithuania they would be able to sell me the house for 10-30 % less than their competitors. The house would be build according to the local (NL) building regulations I am wondering if this will be the new trend for the coming years in Europe? So if you have any links or experience with any of these eastern European building companies let me know. Thanks Erik Kolset

Reply to
Erik Kolset

The new EU countries will not be cheap for much longer. In the Uk any external houses tend to be made in Canada. the Germans do a few high quality homes. The eastern block? I am only aware of raw materials coming in, not complete house, or sections of houses. If you get some contacts, post them here.

Reply to
IMM

"Erik Kolset" wrote | Talked to a local building company here in the NL, and they told me | that all their wood constructions and window frames etc, would be | built in Lithuania. | Transported to Western Europe and put together by local workers. | Foundation, tiles and bricks would be bought / made locally. | Due to the cheap labor costs in Lithuania they would be able to sell | me the house for 10-30 % less than their competitors. The house | would be build according to the local (NL) building regulations | I am wondering if this will be the new trend for the coming years in | Europe?

In places like the Netherlands and Germany, very probably. But prefabrication of that nature is used a lot less for general house building in the UK than in those countries.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It soon will as the Uk is embarking a major house building programme.

Reply to
IMM