weeds in lawn

How can I stop/kill all these weeds from growing in my lawn?! Grass does fine in spring with very few weeds. But when July-August hits the damn weeds are unstoppable. Grass i have is fescue and I cut it often and leave it long. But that doesn`t work, weeds keep comming. What about chemicals? Or should i mow it shorter? I live in NJ very hot and humid. Thanks

Reply to
mo

You can use a 2-4-D product such as Killex to kill all the broad leaf weeds in your lawn, it wont harm the grass.

Reply to
Mike

As long as you don't put it down when it's 85+ or the grass is already stressed from lack of water. Most weeds should have been dealt with earlier, like June, when temps were more moderate. If you work on this for a couple years, properly fertilize, seed if needed, etc, the lawn should not be full of weeds anymore. All that should be required is an occasional spot treatment with a sprayer of weeds.

Reply to
trader4

But don't forget to water a lot.

Reply to