Spring Is Here

I already guessed that winter was over when I saw 'Soleil d'Or', 'February Gold', and 'Peeping Tom' narcissus blooming in my garden. Today, I confirmed it when I saw the first crocus.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Yeah. I've had crocus blooming for a few days now and the smaller narcissus are just getting opening up. The taller ones are always slower and, given that they broke ground in December before the cold weather hit and froze their tips, they may be a bit slower than usual this year. I figure that Spring is here when I can smell the first Hyacinths and that will be a while yet.

Reply to
John McGaw

And snow predicted here for the next 4 days

Cheryl (Southern NH)

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

When ever I feel that the weather can't get much worst I look at Mount Washington. Whew!!!

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

my little white crocus's came up weeks ago and now a few yellow ones. My hyacinths are up about and inch as are my daffy's. Slugs have already attacked my tulips. Gotta figure something out...worry about the neighbor dogs and cats though I do make sure they are not around when I but the bait down. Seems it's mostly curiosity that gets most cats and dogs eating, smelling the stuff. But if they see me, they're likely to come check out what I've been doing.

It's another beautiful day hear in the Pacific NW. My 86 year old aunt's lawn is calling out my name.

Donna in WA zone 8-9

Reply to
Lelandite

Sounds like a scene from Fargo.

Anyway, for slugs and snails, use iron phosphate (Sluggo is one brand, and Home Despot has a house brand). Iron, a nutrient which you and your soil need, and phosphate (It's the P in N-P-K). Safe for people and pets, unless you have gastropods for pets.

Reply to
Wildbilly

I didn't see snow fall out of the sky until I was 34. For that, I had to be on a business trip to Philadelphia.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Hyacinths (like tulips) won't repeat here; the winters are too mild. But my grape hyacinths (Muscari) are in full bloom, making a carpet of blue under my peach tree. That carpet is punctuated with red primroses.

Reply to
David E. Ross