Well here it is September already

Well here it is September already. I can't believe we're fast approaching the Autumnal Equinox on the 23rd. The bulbs are starting to come in at work, and I'm forced to start thinking about tucking in a few here and there. Especially since they're not room for perennials, but there's ALWAYS room for bulbs! I hope everyone has a good Labor Day, I think I will grab up oldest son and go to BoomsDay in Knoxville after I get off work today (Knoxville has the largest LaborDay and end of Summer celebration and fireworks display in the SouthEast now going on 17 years. Large enough they were covered by National Geographic. We're not talking about October Fest, either, that's different)

Garden note, yesterday I noticed the Frakartii asters are budding up and there's one in the middle that's eager to open. Tucked between them are some forgotten pink Obedient plants I'd tucked in last year, now if I could just get some Turtle heads...(Chelone) and in the BBQ fountain/flowerbed the KuggleSonne Helenium are open, despite that the fig tree is shading out a large portion of the western sun. And speaking of the fig tree.....yesterday she gave me seven ripe and lucious melt in your mouth sweet honey figs. Today there will be at least four more.......I'm in fig heaven!

Have a safe day and I'll holler at ya'll later. madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee about to head off to werk..........

Reply to
madgardener

(snip)

The year sure went by VERY,VERY fast. I love the fall though, something about the smell in the air, leaves turning and falling, breezes blowing. Not hot but not too cold either.

It came too fast but I love the fall...

Reply to
Tom Randy

Yep, I heard that!!!