spinach standing taller--bolting?

We've had 2-3 days now of 90 degree humid weather. I got to pay attention to the garden when I came home tonight and noticed the older spinach was standing rather tall and upright. Is this bolting?

I considered harvesting it, but I wouldn't be eating it till thurdsday night and I prefer to harvest when I'm going to use it. DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY,

Reply to
DigitalVinyl

DigitalVinyl expounded:

Yep, it's turning quite bitter tasting now, time to pull it and throw it in the compost pile.

Reply to
Ann

If you can't stand throwing so much away, it's still good if used to stuff chicken breasts or pork chops, if you balance the taste with something sort of sweet or mellow, like brie cheese.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

"Doug Kanter" expounded:

Mmmm, can you come cook for us? ;->